Released 13th April 2018
The first single from our debut album ‘A Vision of Light’.
Produced by James Harding. Mastered by Maeghan Ritchat at Lacquer Channel. Drums recorded by Jari Salminen. Artwork by Kai Salminen.
Available on Bandcamp and all other digital services.
Released 26th August 2016
Produced by James Harding. Mastered by Sean Hingston. Drums and percussion engineered and recorded by Jari Salminen. Artwork by Kai Salminen.
- Slow Motion Gunfights
Free single available online via Bandcamp, iTunes and all regular streaming services.
SECOND FULL-BAND EP RELEASE
Released January 15th 2016.
Produced by James Harding. Mastered by Sean Hingston. Artwork by Kai Salminen.
1. A Good Day To Try Hard
2. Betty & Veronica
3. The Machine
5. A Good Day To Try Hard (16-bit version)*
6. Betty & Veronica (16-bit version)
7. The Machine (16-bit version)
8. Peach (16-bit version)
(*) – new version for 2016, differs from the original 16-bit version featured on the Welcome To Paranoid Island single.
Limited DIY Cassette version contains unique bonus tracks culled from previous Villainest releases.
As part of the ChipWIN Volume 4 compilation.
Released July 20th 2015.
Produced by Brendan Howlett. Mixed by James Harding. Mastered by DJ Cutman.
Words by James Harding. Music by James Harding, Gill Story and Jari Salminen.
DEBUT STUDIO SINGLE
Purchase: 7″ COLOURED VINYL AND ONLINE
Released December 4th 2014.
Produced by Brendan Howlett at StuStuStudio, Toronto
Mastered by Maeghan Ritchat at Lacquer Channel
Design by Kai Salminen
1. FIGHT ON A THEME
3. FIGHT ON A THEME (16-bit version)*
4. MIXTAPE (16-bit version)*
* – online only
Available for free: ONLINE
Released February 11th 2014
Produced by James Harding and Jari Salminen
1. Welcome To Paranoid Island
2. A Good Day To Try Hard (16-bit version)
INSTRUMENTAL 16-BIT CHIPTUNE COVERS ALBUM
Available for free: ONLINE
Released March 16th 2015
Programmed and produced by James Harding
1. Kill Your Own (Hundred Reasons)
2. Tonight (Rotary Dial)
3. Interstellar Strut (Tupper Ware Remix Party)
4. Escape From New York (John Carpenter)
5. Queen of Hearts (Fucked Up)
6. Dancing On My Own (Robyn)
7. Carpet (THIGHS)
8. Kingdom (Devin Townsend)
9. Friends (Dragon Sound)
10. Sucker Punch (Die Mannequin)
11. It’s Too Bad Disco’s Dead (ANALOG)
12. Woah Woah (Motor Goat) (Bandcamp bonus track)
13. Theme from Sailor Moon (Bandcamp bonus track)
16 Bit Sessions: Volume 1 collects the first 11 covers in our series paying tribute to the artists we love from Toronto and from around the world. Read about the creation of each track here.
GUEST APPEARANCES AND REMIXES
James contributes guest vocals on Credits
MOTOR GOAT – I’M ON A GOAT (2014)
Woah Woah (16-bit Villainest remix)
DANA’S VISION – TMNT (2015)
James sings guest vocals on this free-to-download single from Sweden’s Dana’s Vision
Jari contributes guest drums to this Blast Processors single, based on Metal Sonic’s theme from Sonic 4 Episode 2.